Looks like this article is each week late. From September 20 till the 26 in 2009 it was National Singles day. Within the 1980s, the Buckeye Singles Council of Kansas began this observance which falls regarding the next complete few days of Sep. It was started to
… know a large number of single Us citizens you should never identify together with the phrase “solitary” since they’re moms and dads, have partners or are widowed.
Here are a few previous fascinating facts and data on singles in the us:
- these day there are 95.9 million single people in the U.S. that happen to be 18 years or older. This is why upwards 43 percent of all adults. (from 2008)
- 53 % of those singles tend to be females
- 61 percent of the singles not have already been married prior to. 24 per cent currently divorced and a further 15 % were widowed.
- Seniors (65+) make up 15.8 million of xxx singles which 16 % having never been married.
- 11.6 million of xxx singles tend to be moms and dads coping with their children, 9.8 million are women.
For the complete reality sheet on the Unmarried and Single Us citizens Week, look at the U.S. Census Bureau.